A straightforward recipe for a versatile side dish that can be served with almost anything.
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeded with 2 and a half teaspoons of butter
- 12 teaspoons of fresh chervil that has been chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh basil
- 12 teaspoons of fresh parsley that has been chopped
- 12 teaspoons of fresh sage that has been chopped
- 12 teaspoons of fresh chives that have been chopped
- 1/2 millilitre of salt; 1/8 millilitre of freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the oven by preheating it to 375 degrees F. (190 degrees C).
In a baking dish, arrange the spaghetti squash halves with the cut sides facing down. Add enough water to reach up the sides of the baking dish by half an inch. Wrap everything with aluminium foil.
Bake the squash in an oven that has been prepared until it can be readily punctured with a sharp knife, which should take around 45 minutes. After about 15 more minutes of cooking time, flip the squash over, then cover it with foil once again. Continue cooking until the squash is extremely soft. Take the dish out of the oven, uncover it, and let it cool down just a little bit. Remove the strands of squash from the skin by carefully pulling them apart with a fork and placing them in a basin.
Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. After adding the spaghetti squash strands, chervil, basil, parsley, sage, chives, salt, and pepper, continue to simmer for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until the flavours have merged and the squash has reached the desired temperature.
In all, you will need roughly 2 and a half teaspoons of fresh mixed herbs, but you are free to use whatever combination of herbs you choose and adjust the proportions as you see fit.
Data Relating to Nutrition
199 calories and 1.7g (or 3%) of protein are included in each serving.
Carbohydrates: 15.9g. 5%.
Dietary Fiber: 0.1g. 1%
Fat: 15.7g. 24%
9.4 grammes of fat are saturated.
Total cholesterol: 38.2 milligrammes
Vitamin A Iu: 713.3IU.
Niacin Equivalents: 2.5mg.
Vitamin B6: 0.2mg.
Vitamin C: 6.6mg.