The dish known as kaisendon consists of a bowl of Japanese rice accompanied by a variety of raw fish and shellfish. Due to the fact that it makes use of the most recent catch available, it is the ideal meal for everyone who likes seafood. Because it is prepared using Hokkaido seafood, which is considered to be among the best in the world, kaisendon is considered to be the most luxurious cuisine in the world.
The shellfish, which is both sweet and hearty, goes wonderfully well with the fluffy white rice. The addition of soy sauce and wasabi adds additional umami and spiciness to the dish. Always use the freshest fish that you can get your hands on to ensure that it is safe to eat raw.
If you are a fan of Japanese cuisine, you really need to give this recipe a go since kaisendon is one of the most well-known dishes in the country.
50 g tuna
50 g salmon
1 prawn and 1 sea urchin in total.
20 g salmon roe 1 scallop
Salmon Roe marinade
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
½ tsp mirin
½ tsp sake
Wasabi Shiso Soy sauce
Rice with a short grain length from Japan
How to make kaisendon
- Cut the salmon and tuna into slices that are about 5 millimeters thick. Use the freshest salmon and tuna that you can get your hands on so that you may eat it uncooked.
- The prawn should have its shell removed, but the head should be left on for presentation.
- If you are using fresh sea urchin or scallops, remove them from their shells and set them aside. Cut the scallop in half or into pieces that are suitable for nibbling.
- Combine the salmon roe with the marinade made specifically for salmon roe.
- Cut the shiso stems into thin strips.
- First, load up your bowl with rice, and then top it up with the various fish options. Because of their fragility, sea urchin and salmon roe should be added very towards the end of the cooking process.
- Shiso leaves are sprinkled on top, while soy sauce and wasabi are served on the side.